Tuesday, March 2, 2010

You know you're avoiding when...

My avoidance of LWRAP has reached an all-time high. For those of you who don't know, LWRAP stands for Legal Writing Research and Advocacy Program and is a mandatory course that all Emory J.D. candidates have to take both semesters of 1L year. And, as I write, I am 2 days away from our big deadline for a 30+ page legal brief, which, it just so happens, is on sexual harassment. Anyone ever read a Supreme Court or appellate court opinion on sexual harassment? Google if you need a good laugh. I never thought I'd read a legal document stating, and I quote: "the phrase 'sick bitch' is not necessarily offensive to women." But lo and behold, I am actually going to get academic credit to use such language... law school is ridiculous. Not to mention I have to put up with skeezy library guy- the 40+ year-old man that lurks around the library and is occasionally found making out with random girls (who are not law students, by the by) in the stacks. Talk about distractions. So, instead of editing my 18th draft, I'm starting a blog, something I've always said I would never do. Which is why I'm saying that my avoidance level is exploding. But I digress...



2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Way to give in to your inner need to broadcast your personal thoughts and emotions and daily goings-on to the Internet community at large. I applaud you. And we're going down together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Skeezy Library Guy got a shout-out in your VERY FIRST ENTRY.

    ReplyDelete