I am very excited to become a mom and ecstatic that I'm having a daughter, but the joy I feel about my little girl has not eclipsed my desire to pursue a career in law. Maybe I'm selfish, but I want it all, and I believe there is room for it all in my life! This year is going to be a lot of work, but also a lot of fun and most definitely an adventure. I'm going to try to be diligent about blogging throughout so my far away friends can enjoy the ride with me. So until next time...
Monday, August 23, 2010
2L
Today was the first day of my second year of law school! It felt insanely good not to be a confused 1L, which was quite possibly worse than my first day of college. Today was a breeze- a little reading, and little research, one class and lots of reunions with friends I haven't seen all summer. This year is going to be slammed, no doubt, since I'm taking 15 credit hours, working at the firm, doing Moot Court, and co-chairing fundraising for the International Law Society. Not to mention getting ready to add a baby girl to the mix come January! The difference between this year and last year is that these are all things I chose for myself. Granted, some of the classes I'm taking because I have to (or feel that I should), but still, it's a vast improvement over hours spent slaving over a 2 credit hour legal writing assignment! I'm very excited about my Public International Law class and the Pursuit of Happiness lecture series I'm taking. I get to meet the Dali Llama in October- how cool is that? Not to mention my law school girlfriends have already been making noises about throwing me a baby shower. I really do have the sweetest group of girls in my class who have become so dear and been so supportive. It means a lot to have such accomplished and driven women support me as I attempt to balance career and family. Their well-wishes have been a bright spot among the many people who think what I'm doing is impossible and that, in fact, I'm going to end up dropping out of school because I can't hack it. The best advice I've gotten so far (from my childhood bestie's little sister who just became a momma herself): prove all the naysayers wrong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment